13 Feb wellspring family services
Wellspring Family Services is a nonprofit, multi-service agency serving low-income and vulnerable individuals, children and families in Seattle and King County. For more than 126 years, Wellspring has been a source of opportunity for children and families to find their resilience, triumph over trauma, and reach their full potential.
- Our MISSION is to end the cycle of family homelessness.
- Our VISION is a future where every child has a safe and stable home.
- Our PURPOSE is to prevent and address homelessness by connecting families and individuals in crisis to the support and resources they need to regain stability.
Wellspring achieves its mission through the effective provision of social and mental health services that help strengthen families, addressing a broad range of issues that can negatively affect their lives and create boundaries towards thriving. Wellspring’s family services are concentrated in three areas: , family homelessness, children’s early learning, and basic fundamental needs. Each year, Wellspring Family Services helps thousands of children and families break the debilitating cycles of instability, homelessness, and adversity to achieve positive, permanent change in their lives.
Wellspring’s Community Services
Housing Services- Wellspring’s Housing Services has a dual focus on three key areas of homelessness; intervention, prevention and diversion. Housing Placement (placing families into housing) and Housing Retention (eviction prevention and rental assistance) are central to the services offered. Wellspring addresses the needs of the family, with particular attention paid to the specific needs of the children, allowing them to remain stably housed.
Early Learning Center- Wellspring’s Early Learning Center (ELC) is the only ELC in Washington State that offers specialized pre-K early learning to children who are currently homeless or have recently experienced homelessness. The ELC is a trauma-informed environment which helps children gain social, emotional, and developmental skills. Teachers prepare ELC students and graduates for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Baby Boutique– Wellspring’s free family store, the Baby Boutique, gives families experiencing homelessness an opportunity to shop for free clothing and other essentials for their children in a dignified environment. Items include:
• Seasonal-appropriate clothing and shoes
• Diapers, formula, and other essentials for infants
• Multicultural learning toys and books
• Baby gear and equipment
Due to COVID-19, Wellspring has temporarily paused in-person shopping visits to the Baby Boutique and have instituted a personal-shopper program. Families can make a request for items with the Baby Boutique staff, who will then prepare a package of supplies to be picked up during open hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm). To make a request, please call (206) 902-4264 or email email@example.com to provide staff with information on your children’s needs.
How to get involved in supporting Wellspring Family Services?
You can help families in crisis by:
Current list of the most pressing needs you can support:
- New underwear (particularly for ages 4-12)
- New socks (all ages up to 18)
- Warm coats & rain jackets (particularly sizes 2T through youth 12/14)
- Full Size Baby shampoo & soap
- Formula (specifically Similac brand as this is requested most)
- Full Size Children’s toothpaste
- Diapers & wipes